LEADER will provide €250 million to rural communities over the next 5 – 6 years. It will be administered by Local Action Groups (LAGs). These are partnerships of both public and private entities from a defined geographical area. They are responsible for selecting and approving projects in their respective areas in accordance with local development strategies developed specifically for their area. The overall programme funding is allocated to 28 sub-regional areas based on administrative or county boundaries in the main e.g Mayo, Kildare, North Cork.
The implementation phase of the LEADER 2014-2020 programme was launched by the Minister on 8th July and, to-date, Funding Agreements have been signed by Local Action Groups in 28 sub-regional areas.
- Contact Details of Local Action Groups
- Storyboard – LEADER Case Studies
- National Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014-2020 (pdf,8.63mb) (link is external)
- Guidance on Community-led Local Development in ESI Funds
- LEADER – EU Regulations
- Operating Rules for LEADER 2014-2020
- National Rural Network
If you have any queries, please: