11/08/11

11/08/2011 Grant of €67,000 sanctioned by Minister of State McGinley for lighting on piers on Donegal islands

Dinny McGinley T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, has announced today (Thursday 11th August, 2011) a grant amount of €67,000 to Donegal County Council towards the provision of lighting on various piers on off-shore islands in Donegal. This is a 75% grant with the remaining 25% being funded by the County Council. Details are set out below.

Announcing the grant, Minister McGinley said that he is very pleased to approve this grant to the County Council as safety is extremely important in the context of the islands. “The provision of new and in some cases, additional lighting for these piers is evidence of the commitment of this Government to ensuring the continued viability of our island lifestyle. At a time when there is unprecedented pressure on resources, I am particularly pleased to make this allocation.”

Minister Mc Ginley added, “our off shore islands have a unique attraction and these facilities will I know greatly enhance them as a tourist destination as well as for the islanders themselves.”

Location Type of light Number Cost
Gola Island Conventional 3

€10,500

Inishsirrer Hybrid 1

€14,500

Rutland Island Conventional 1

€4,000

Island Roy – Cabhsa-Sleamhnán Conventional 31

€9,000

€4,000

Inishmeane Hybrid 1

€14,500

Owey Island Hybrid 

€10,500

TOTAL    

€67,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, 23 Kildare Street, Dublin , D02 TD30. Tel: 01 631 3800 / LoCall: 1890 383 000

Web Design & Development by Fusio

Vision One Civil Service