Human Resources – Functions and Services
- Management and Administration of HR for all staff to facilitate delivery of Departmental objectives, including transition to HR Shared Services (Peoplepoint).
- Supporting staff training and learning development arising from identified departmental objectives and the implementation of PMDS.
- Implementation of programme of change and renewal as outlined in Civil Service Renewal Plan including workforce planning.
- Implementation of new procedures in relation to Ministerial appointments to state boards.
- Implementation of new procedures for bodies under the aegis of the Department under new Staffing Resource Management Framework / Delegated Sanction.
Human Resources – Accessing our Services
Full contact details for the Human Resources Unit can be found at https://www.chg.gov.ie/about/contact/
- A number of work experience schemes are available to the public as outlined below – all schemes are unpaid.
- The Graduate Work Placement Scheme provides students in full time undergraduate or postgraduate education with an opportunity to work in the Department’s Heritage Division and gain practical training in areas related to their courses of study.
- The Volunteer Scheme affords members of the public the opportunity to volunteer in providing assistance in the upkeep and management of the NPWS managed sites and properties, including national parks and nature reserves.
Human Resources – Classes of Records Held
- Records relating to the administration of the division
- Records relating to policy matters in this area (including relevant legislation and circulars)
- Records containing personal information about the staff of the Department
- Records concerning
- Staff recruitment
- Staff promotion, including internal and external competitions
- Transfers and secondment of staff
- Work Sharing
- Career Breaks
- All types of leave
- Family Friendly scheme
- Industrial relations and Departmental Council
- Health and Safety of staff
- Staff suggestion scheme files (INPUT)
- Staffing statistics (for the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform)
- Correspondence with State sponsored bodies in relation to pay and conditions
- Implementation of employment legislation
- Training courses provided to staff
- records containing personal information regarding CEOs/Directors of State agencies under the aegis of the Department
- records relating to the internal administration of the Public Appointments Service process for seeking suitable candidates for Ministerial appointment to State Boards under the aegis of the Department, including personal information of successful candidates.