Internal Audit Unit
Internal Audit Unit – Functions and Services
- To provide a risk-based internal audit service to the Department;
- To review and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance arrangements, risk management procedures and internal controls in place in the Department; and
- To produce a report at the end of each audit examination, detailing the findings and recommendations arising from the audit. The report is provided to the Secretary General, relevant senior managers and the Audit Committee for their attention. A copy is also sent to the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
Internal Audit Unit – Accessing our Services
Contact details for the Internal Audit Unit can be found at http://www.ahg.gov.ie/about/contact/
Internal Audit Unit – Classes of Records Held
- Records relating to the administration of the Internal Audit Unit;
- Records relating to internal audit policy matters (including relevant legislation, guidance and implementation of the Internal Audit Standards); and
- Records relating to operational matters, such as audit planning, audit reports, minutes, correspondence, Parliamentary Questions and briefing notes concerning the functions of the unit.