NPWS Strategy and Regional Operations
National Parks and Wildlife Service – Strategy and Regional Operations – Functions and Services
- Promotion of an efficient, effective and accountable delivery of on-the-ground services by regional management.
- Management and development of the State’s 6 National Parks and 78 Nature Reserves for conservation purposes to the highest international standards and for their sustainable recreational and tourist use.
- Delivery of an effective turf enforcement regime.
- Provision of public access to and enjoyment of the national parks and nature reserves; strategic consideration/management of regional operations.
- Management of NPWS allocations.
National Parks and Wildlife Service – Strategy and Regional Operations – Accessing our Services
All services provided to the public are delivered through regional local management structures.
National Parks and Wildlife Service – Strategy and Regional Operations – Classes of Records Held
Records relating to the administration of the functions of the section, including:
- Records relating to the day-to-day operations of the parks and reserves;
- Financial management;
- individual project files under the capital programmes;
- Management issues;
- The purchase of equipment
- Vehicles/Fuel Cards/Personal Protective Equipment
- Regional Management/Organisation issues
- Health & Safety
- Legal Issues
- Relevant organisations of which the NPWS is a member.
- NPWS projects and membership/affiliation fees