Press Office – Functions and Services
- Responsibility for managing the Department’s communications, including media queries regarding the Minister, Minister(s) of State or the Department from the media, as well as members of the public, and developing effective methods to disseminate information through traditional and modern media
- Liaising with the Ministers, and their advisers; colleagues throughout the Department; agencies under the aegis of the Department; the Government Information Service and other Government Departments, in relation to media and communications issues
- Assisting officials prior to media engagements
- Organising press events to inform the press and public on departmental matters.
- Making necessary arrangements in association with the Ministers’ private offices for public events at which the Minister or Minister of State is speaking, including drafting and editing of briefs, speeches and press releases for the Minister(s)
- Editorial control of the Department’s website.
- Monitoring media reports and feedback on the Department
Press Office – Accessing our Services
- The office responds to general enquiries from the public concerning services provided by the Department and issues on request copies of Departmental publications.
- Contact details for the Press Office can be found at http://www.ahg.gov.ie/about/contact/
Press Office – Classes of Records Held
- Records relating to press releases, speeches, briefing material, newspaper cuttings and general correspondence.
- Records relating to the administration of the Press and Information Office.