Arts and Culture Small Capital Grants Scheme 2015
The Minister for Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Ms Heather Humphreys TD, has launched details of the Arts and Culture Small Capital Grants Scheme 2015 administered by her Department.
The Arts and Culture Small Capital Grants Scheme is designed to support arts and culture organisations that operate as not-for-profit institutions across the country. Applications for dedicated arts or culture projects from other not-for-profit organisations will also be accepted. This year, the scheme will allow for the funding of small capital projects of up to €10,000, to meet up to 70% of costs of capital projects. Funding of €300,000 is being made available under the scheme.
Projects funded under the Scheme must seek to meet a specific cultural need to support the Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs in the delivery of its objective to nurture and develop Irish artistic and creative talent and enhance access to the arts.
Funding will only be awarded to projects which meet all of the relevant criteria. All projects proposed should be creative and innovative and meet one or more of the following objectives:
- An investment which benefits several arts and culture organisations;
- An investment in equipment that would reduce the annual running cost of an arts or culture facility;
- An investment which would have a positive impact on the environment, for example a reduction in energy consumption;
- Expenditure which is applied to address health and safety issues;
- An investment to improve organisations’ efficiency or its effectiveness;
- An investment to increase or extend the use of the facility for example to voluntary and community groups;
- An investment which would increase audience numbers or improve and extend access to, or participation in, the arts within the catchment area of a facility;
- An investment which would contribute to financial viability for a facility, and the capacity of the facility to be self-financing, into the future;
- An investment which would add a new dimension to or improve the capability of the facility to stage or support arts activities, or improve facilities and workspaces for artists;
- An investment at the cutting-edge of technology which has potential to improve arts and culture facilities or access to the arts and culture.
Application forms and further information on the Arts and Culture Small Capital Grants Scheme 2015 is available on the Department’s website
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 2nd September 2015.