Mobility of Collections Scheme
The Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht operates a Mobility of Collections Scheme to support greater regional and local access to material held in the National Collections. As it is not possible for the National Cultural Institutions to display their full collection at any one time, the purpose of this scheme is to:
- Assist in putting items from the National Collections on display to the public on a greater and wider basis;
- Facilitate the display of pieces from the National Collections with specific local and regional interest direct to those communities; and
- Facilitate the display of cultural artefacts and relating exhibitions outside urban centres into rural areas.
Types of projects which are considered under the scheme are as follows:
- Funding the costs associated with the transport of pieces from the National Collections to/from a regional/local Institution; or/and
- Funding the cost of insuring pieces from the National Collection whilst being transported to/from a regional/local institution; or/and
- Funding the costs of the exhibition of pieces from the National Collections in regional/ local institutions.
Details of this year’s scheme can be found here.
“This Scheme is now closed for 2017.”