Heritage Ireland 2030
photos © Dept. of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht except front cover photo collage deer photo © Tina Claffey
Heritage Ireland 2030 Consultation Document – download
Please note that the Public Consultation process is now closed. Many thanks to everyone who sent us a submission.
Have your say
Details of local Heritage Ireland 2030 public consultation sessions below. These are drop in information events, where people can call in, hear more about the Heritage Ireland 2030 plan and get advice on preparing a submission. Please contact your local Heritage Officer for further details https://www.heritagecouncil.ie/our-work-with-others/county-heritage-officers. Details of further events will be added.
Heritage Ireland 2030– a new national heritage plan
- Heritage Ireland 2030 is the Government’s commitment to a revitalised and refreshed National Heritage Plan.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will recognise the vital role our heritage plays in our community, our economy and our society.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will be a coherent, comprehensive and inspiring framework of values, principles and strategic priorities which will guide and inform the heritage sector over the next decade.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will enshrine the shared responsibility of people, communities, businesses and local and national Government in protecting our heritage and ensuring it is cared for into the future.
- Heritage Ireland 2030 will help us enjoy, understand and care for our heritage.
Heritage Ireland 2030 will be formed around three Themes, built on a vision of our heritage being valued and protected for future generations, cherished and enjoyed:
Each of these Themes will have specific actions and objectives, shaped by this public consultation.
Your views on objectives and actions to deliver the vision are important – they will help to shape our priorities.