Heritage Ireland 2030
Heritage Ireland 2030 – Keeping you in the picture
Heritage Ireland 2030 is to be Ireland’s new national heritage plan. It will be a coherent, comprehensive and inspiring framework of values, principles, strategic priorities and actions to guide and inform the heritage sector over the next decade.
Heritage Ireland 2030 will be published in the coming months. Any updates on progress over the coming months will be posted on this website.
Heritage Ireland 2030 Indicative Timeline
- November 2018 – March 2019 |Public consultation period.
Public Consultation Document issued in November 2018 . Over the next 4 months over 70 workshops are held and submissions invited to address the themes of: National Leadership and Heritage; Heritage Partnerships; and Communities and Heritage. Download the Heritage Council’s Report on Heritage Ireland 2030 Public and Sectoral Meetings here.
- April 2019 | 2,156 people and organisations make submissions on Heritage Ireland 2030. All submissions analysed by a multidisciplinary team. This analysis will inform Heritage Ireland 2030.
- 28 May 2019 | Heritage Ireland 2030 Public Information Session.
Public information session held in Dublin Castle to present the findings of the public consultation to over 400 attendees. You can view this event online.
- Summer 2019 | Drafting of Heritage Ireland 2030
Drafting continues of Heritage Ireland 2030, informed by public submissions, existing Government strategies/plans, and in conjunction with key heritage partners including the OPW and Heritage Council.
- Autumn 2019 | Department publishes Analysis of Submissions Received through Public Consultation. You can access this document here
- Autumn 2019 | Interdepartmental consultation continues
- Winter 2019 |High-level consultation on draft plan
- Spring 2020 |Publication of Heritage Ireland 2030
Further updates on Heritage Ireland 2030 will be posted here as they happen. If you have any queries please firstname.lastname@example.org