Minister Humphreys announces appointments to the National Archives Advisory Council
The Minister for Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, Heather Humphreys TD, has today (Friday) announced 12 appointments to the National Archives Advisory Council. Mr Justice John Hedigan has been appointed as Chair.
Under the National Archives Act, two members of the Advisory Council must be members of the Irish Manuscripts Commission, while two members must be archivists who are not employed by the National Archives.
All appointees were assessed by the Public Appointments Service. The appointments are for a period of five years.
The newly appointed members of the Advisory Council are:
- Justice John Hedigan – Judge of the Court of Appeal
- Hiram Morgan – Senior Lecturer UCC, Director Irish National Institute for Historical Research
- Ciara Breathnach – Lecturer UL, Board Member NLI
- Kieran Hoare – Archivist NUIG
- Natalie Harrower – Director Digital Repository of Ireland
- John Grenham – Genealogist
- Elizabeth Mullins – Lecturer Archival Studies UCD
- Catriona Mulcahy – University Archivist UCC
- Michael Nolan – Senior Research Scientist, Intel Labs Europe
- Stephen Mac Eoin – Officer in Charge, Military Archives
- Brian McGee – Chief Archivist, Cork City and County Archives
- Deirdre Raftery – Associate Professor (Education) UCD
Notes to Editor:
The National Archives Advisory Council was established in January 1987 under Section 20 of the National Archives Act to advise the Minister with responsibility for the National Archives – in the exercise of his or her powers under the Act and on all matters affecting archives and their use by the public.