Storm Jorge – Public Notice from National Parks & Wildlife Service (NPWS) of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
Please note the following National Parks and Nature Reserves are closed due to the current wind warning issued by Met Éireann:
- Connemara National Park
- Wild Nephin Ballycroy National Park
- Derryclare Nature Reserve
- Old Head Nature Reserve
- Knochma Wood, near Tuam, Co. Galway
- Laughil Wood, near Pontoon, Co. Mayo
- Killarney House and Gardens, Co. Kerry
- Muckross House, Co. Kerry
- Coole/Garryland Nature Reserve
- Dromore Woods Nature Reserve, Co. Clare
- Burren National Park
The NPWS of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht asks that the public for personal safety reasons avoid wooded areas of Killarney National Park in particular and to exercise caution in other areas of the park for the duration of the current wind warning.
The public is also asked not to visit Wicklow Mountains National Park or the following Woodland Nature Reserves while the warning is in place.
- Wicklow – Knocksink Wood, Glen of the Down, Deputy’s Pass, Clara Vale, Tomnafinogue Wood
- Wexford – The Raven Wood, Wexford Wildfowl Reserve
- Kilkenny – Ballykeefe Wood, Kyledohir, Garryricken Wood
- Laois – Grantstown Wood and Lake, Coolacurragh Wood, Clonaslee Wood
The public is asked not to visit National Parks, National Monuments or Nature Reserves in the areas affected whilst the warnings are in place and asks for their ongoing cooperation on this matter.
A status red wind warning has been issued by Met Éireann for Galway and Clare – valid from 13:00 to 16:00 Saturday 29/02/2020, a status orange wind warning has been issued Mayo and Kerry – valid from 06:00 Saturday 29/02/2020 to 03:00 Sunday 01/03/2020 and for Donegal, Leitrim and Sligo – valid from12:00 Saturday 29/02/2020 to 03:00 Sunday 01/03/2020.
Further updates will be provided as the weather forecast becomes clearer and/or as Met Éireann weather advisory notices are updated – see www.meteireann.ie for weather warning and updates.