Update: Storm Lorenzo – Public Notice from the National Parks & Wildlife Service (NPWS) of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
The following National Parks and Nature Reserves will be closed this afternoon, from 4pm, and will remain closed until further notice.
- Connemara National Park, Co. Galway
- Knockma Wood, near Tuam, Co. Galway
- Derryclare Nature Reserve, Co. Galway
- Wild Nephin, Ballycroy National Park, Co. Mayo
- Old Head Nature Reserve, Co. Mayo
- Laughil Wood, near Pontoon, Co. Mayo
- Dromore Woods Nature Reserve, Co. Clare
- Killarney House and Gardens, Co. Kerry
- Killarney National Park, Co. Kerry
- Coole/Garryland Nature Reserve, Co. Galway
- Glengarriff Nature Reserve, Co. Cork
A Status Orange wind warning is currently in place for counties Galway, Mayo, Clare, Kerry and Limerick. A Status Yellow wind and rain warning is in place for all other counties.
The National Parks and Wildlife Service – of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht – wishes to advise member of the public not to visit any National Parks, National Monuments or Nature Reserves whilst the Status Orange is in place.
The NPWS would ask the public for their ongoing cooperation on this matter by not entering these sites for the duration of these weather warnings.
Further updates will be provided as the weather forecast becomes clearer and/or as Met Éireann weather advisory notices are updated .
See www.meteireann.ie for weather warning and updates.